201 Northlake Avenue, Suite 207, Ridgeland, MS 39157
(f) 855-708-3030, (p) 601-366-4696
Nurse Practitioner Billing Policies
- Dr. Byrd does not accept insurance in the Jackson Psychiatry Group clinic. Only patients seen in the PMT and Hope Clinics will have insurance filed on their behalf.
- Healthcare billing is confusing, involving co-pays, co-insurance, usual and customary charges, prior authorizations, and allowable and deductibles. Because every insurance plan is different and benefits vary from policy to policy within insurance companies, you are responsible for confirming that we are participating providers in your plan and that our services are covered. If you have questions regarding insurance coverage, please contact your insurance company directly.
- Payment is due at the time services are rendered. That includes your co-pay, any outstanding deductible amount, any balance on the account, and any required testing or forms done during the appointment. Insurance companies require that you present your insurance card and pay the applicable co-payment at each visit. Information contained on your insurance card is necessary to assist us in filing a claim with your insurance company. If your co-payment is unclear or you have questions about your co-payment, please contact your insurance company for assistance. If our fees are denied by your insurance company, payment may become your responsibility and is due upon receipt of a billing statement.
- We welcome the opportunity to work with you on payment arrangements through one of our third-party vendors or through a payment plan. If you are unable to pay your account balance in full, please contact us to set up a monthly payment plan. While we make every effort to resolve insurance issues, please remember that you are ultimately responsible for the cost of your health care. If arrangements are not made to satisfy an outstanding account balance, we may place your account with a collection agency, take legal action to obtain payment, and/or deny future services.
- No-Show and Late Cancellation fees: When you set up an appointment, you are reserving that provider’s time and, in the process, guaranteeing that you will be present for the appointment. We cannot bill insurance for a missed appointment as there were no services rendered, therefore making the cost your responsibility. If an appointment is canceled without 48 hours notice or an appointment canceled the same day, you will be charged $75-$270, depending on your provider.
- If you arrive late for your appointment, we will make every attempt to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so. You may have to wait to be worked into your provider’s schedule, or your appointment may need to be rescheduled for another day.
- A patient will incur a fee of up to $75, payable at the time of the request, for any lost prescriptions or unscheduled refills.
- Due to the increase in cost, using a credit or debit card will incur a $3 fee assessed. Cash and check will not.
Administrative fees will be assessed for the following forms*:
Report Prep or Forms starting at $50
Refills outside of apt starting at $50
Letters starting at $25
Phone Calls starting at $50
Medical Records starting at $25
*If your needs do not fall into one of the aforementioned categories, there will be an hourly fee assessed for administrative work done outside of a given appointment time.